One of the best ways to beat the Summer heat is by eating a deliciously cold sweet treat. So for this teatorial, I’m sharing my step-by-step process of how to make tea-infused ice cream in an ice cream maker. The tea flavors used are Peach Apricot Delight, and the Millennial. Grab a bowl and a nice big spoon because you’ll love the rich flavor and creamy, smooth texture of this decadent dessert.
Ingredients (Makes about 7 cup servings)
- 1 1/2 cups of whole milk (can substitute with low fat or plant milk)
- 4 tea bags (2 of each flavor)
- 1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar (can substitute with sugar alternative)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups of heavy whipping cream (can substitute with lower-fat creams i.e. half-and-half)
- 1/2 cup Fresh Fruit (compliment your tea)
Combine all ingredients into medium bowl and stir until sugar is dissolved.
Pour ice cream mixture into saucepan and turn heat on low.
Add in tea, stir, and simmer for approximately 5 minutes. Pour mixture into another bowl or container using a colander to remove full leaf tea. Let cool, then place in refrigerator overnight or in freezer for a couple hours.
Step 4 - All done!
Take mixture out and pour into freezer bowl. Let mix thicken (about 20 minutes), add in fruit (mix for 5 additional minutes) and enjoy.
Lower fat substitutions may change the taste and consistency of the ice cream.